This base plate is modular: use alone as a conventional base plate, or add optional L-component to create an L-plate!
- ARCA SWISS compatible (approved by manufacturer), 38 mm Dovetail style
- Length: 4.8" / 12.2 cm
- Width: 1.5" / 38 mm
- Height: 0.4" / 9.5 mm
- Weight: 1.6 oz / 48 g
- Wrap-around design allows maximum anti-twist with complete battery door access
- Continuous dovetail across bottom maintains flat surface stability
- CNC machined 6061-T6 Aluminum
- Anodized; Type II Black
- (1) 1/4"-20 threaded accessory mounting socket
- Mounting points for modular L-plate and grip components
- Laser engraved center mark
Really Right Stuff camera body plates are all custom designed for each camera body and precision machined from solid blocks of 6061-T6 aluminum. Fully compatible with any Arca-Swiss style quick-release system, our plates feature precisely contoured anti-twist flanges for a perfect fit that prevents twisting between the camera and our plate. All of our quick-release plates utilize a custom machined ¼"-20 threaded, captive-style mounting screw that threads into the tripod mounting socket of your camera body.
Install Plate to Camera
Wipe off bottom of camera to prevent trapping dirt or grit. Line up the plate with the safety stop screw on the same side as the grip. Use included hex key to firmly tighten mounting screw.
A Note About Dovetails
Most camera body plates have a single set of dovetail grooves that allow the camera to slide left/right when mounted in the quick‑release clamp so that the camera can be centered.
Some medium & large format plates have a fore/aft dovetail so that the camera’s weight can be better distributed.
But some plates, known as bidirectional plates, have two sets of dovetail grooves. These allow the camera to slide left/right or fore/aft. Bidirectional plates, due to their design, do not have safety stop screws.