Jobu Design Announces the DMG-HD4, the Jobu Heavy Duty Mark IV Gimbal Head
The Jobu Heavy Duty Mark IV picks up where the HD3 left off. This work resulted in a stunningly light gimbal head, just barely over 1000grams.
Here are some specs:
- The DMG-HD4 is only 2lbs 2oz or 1010grams. Saving over 8oz on the BWG-HD3 - that is 1/2 a pound!
- Seriously stiffer! The new CNC swing-arm is upgraded with a solid billet aluminum horizontal arm offering fantastic stiffness and improved vibration control for big lenses.
- Smooth tilt action! We have implemented a needle bearing system similar to our Jr.3 to offer unparalleled smoothness in the tilt axis. Even with a large load of camera and lens, there is virtually zero friction.
- Easily adjustable friction levels with the main tilt-knob to find the sweet-spot for motion control.
- Easy to steer! Rubberized knobs are comfortable and easy on the hands and hold well under cold and wet conditions.
- Powdercoat finish on the main body and black anodizing on all the aluminum parts makes for long term weatherability and durability.
- NEW! Ships with the Surefoot SF-NXK kit lens plate for free. This 3.0" plate is suitable for smaller lenses or camera bodies, and is enough for most people to get practicing right away with their gimbal heads. We still recommend a custom-fit plate, but you will always find a use for this handy accessory. Includes allen keys and 1/4"-3/8" adapter bushing.
- New! Camouflage dust-bag is also included with the DMG-HD4
- Suitable for lenses and cameras weighing up to 15lbs (600mm F4 + Pro body - No problem!).
- A stiff tripod recommended for up to 25lbs of load. 3/8"-16 mounting stud required. Like the Jobu Algonquin tripod, TCF-36
- A Jobu Design lensplate (or other compatible Arca-Swiss style plate) for your lens.
- A lens with a rotating tripod collar. (Short lenses, or wide angles require the W.A.A. wide angle adapter, see Special Mounts)