BH-30 ballhead with B2-mAS clamp.
BH-30 Pro features:
- A smaller screw-knob clamp to match smaller contours of the BH-30: B2-mAS clamp.
- 30mm diameter ball is hollow.
- Single drop notch.
- Knob and lever are captive and uniquely shaped.
- Main locking lever is springloaded; pull out to reposition in 60-degree increments. Lever freely clears tripod platform.
- Exclusive drum & symmetrical progressive band brake securely locks panning base.
- Panning base is laser-engraved at 2.5 degrees intervals, zero to 360-degrees.
- All components are either anodized aluminum or stainless steel for years of corrosion-free performance.
- Other clamp options: B2-40 LR, B2 AS II, B2-Pro II, or PCL-1.
- Really Right Stuff camera body quick-release plate required; purchase separately. Body plates are model specific, not generic. Under the Categories tab on left, select "Camera & L-plates" then drill down to your specific make and model.
And a note about load capacity...
We rate the load capacity of our BH-30 ballhead very conservatively at just 15 pounds. Why do we do this when competitors' ballheads in this same class are rated for greater load capacities? We feel that a better guide for choosing a ballhead is to consider how well the ballhead operates while it's loaded with gear. For example, we routinely recommend our BH-30 as the compact ballhead of choice for lenses like 70-200mm/f2.8 zooms. Does that mean the BH-30 can't handle a 300mm/f2.8 lens? Of course not! Our BH-30 ballhead is robust enough for occasional use with even a 400mm/f4 lens. But if you primarily use a 300mm/f2.8 lens (and bigger) for your tripod work, we guarantee you'll be happier with our BH-55 full-size ballhead. Bigger loads simply handle better on a bigger ball, period. So when you're trying to decide which ballhead is going to be best for you, consider that load capacity is only one of many features to consider. Any questions? Call our onsite pros and we'll help you choose the best support system for your gear.
This item includes ballhead, quick-release clamp, and storage pouch. Images may show additional gear that is not included.
- Load capacity: 15 lb / 6.8kg
- Height: 2.9 inches / 75mm
- Base Diameter:1.6 inches / 41mm
- Ball Diameter: 1.2 inches / 30mm
- Tripod Mount: 3/8"-16
- Weight: 10.0 ounces / 283g