The TFC-14 Travel Tripod is the most compact and lightest carbon fiber tripod RRS offers. They have optimized the TFC-14 to be 11% lighter and 15% more compact than the slightly larger TQC-14 Travel Tripod. Engineered to be a companion to the BH-30 ball head, the TFC-14 easily supports loads up to 25 pounds without sacrificing stability.
The TFC-14 collapses down to just 17.2" (44cm) and has a collapsed diameter of only 3.4" (86mm). This travel tripod can be packed into a wide variety of small-medium sized day packs, making it perfect for traveling, hiking or even just walking around town. At 2.3 pounds (1.1kg), even the most weight-conscious photographers will be amazed at the portability of this tripod.
RRS values each of these with equal importance. In designing the Really Right Stuff TFC-14 Travel Tripod, the goal was to create an intuitive, almost second nature usability, allowing you to focus on your passion, not your gear. This tripod will always perform, always hold sure, and always be Really Right.
USA Tripod 100% MADE IN THE USA Down to the smallest screw.
- Reversible Apex Stud: Can be flipped from a male 1/4"-20 to male 3/8"-16, or removed entirely for a female 1/4"-20 socket option.
- Perimeter Mounting Options: Apex hosts three female 1/4"-20 perimeter mounting sockets to which accessories may be attached (including the RRS phone clamp & stand, allowing you to use a smartphone as a tethered control or preview monitor).
- Removable Hand Strap: Eliminates need for additional weights. Use your own body weight against the strap to stabilize shots, and slip the strap over your hand when you're on the move for increased carrying security.
- Ratcheting Angle Stops
- Rubber Ball Feet: Large diameter teardrop shape keeps leg sidewalls from touching the ground even at the lowest settings and makes positive contact with the ground at virtually any angle.
- Anodized, Type 3 Black
- Twist Grip Leg Extension Locks: Ergonomic, textured knobs allow for easy adjustments and strong grip. Anti-twist leg sections mean each twist lock can be operated independently. Integrated wipers and o-rings help keep the locks cleaner longer.
What’s in the box?
- TFC-14 Mk2 Tripod
- Nylon Handstrap
- (2) 5/32" hex keys (required to adjust leg angle tension)
- Metric 2.5mm hex key tool (required to tighten the platform set screw)
- Nylon stud-cover nut
- User's Guide
- TFC-14 Mk2
- Leg Material: Carbon Fiber
- Number of Leg Sections: 4
- Load Capacity: 25 lb / 11.3kg
- Maximum Height: 47.6" / 121cm
- Minimum Height: 2.8" / 72mm
- Folded Length: 17.2" / 437mm
- Folded Diameter: 3.4" / 86mm
- (Heights and Length exclude 0.313" / 8mm stud height)
- Weight: 2.3 lb / 1058g
- Travel and general photography; the perfect choice for compact gear combos. Common compact gear includes mirrorless system and standard dslr cameras with 70-200mm/f2.8 & 300mm/f4 equivalent telephotos.
- Macro photography