Rollei Rock Solid Alpha XL Carbon
Rollei’s Rock Solid Outdoor series models are typically the tripod of choice if particular challenges are to be expected or if you know you’ll be dealing with difficult weather or environmental conditions. When challenges to shooting plans are likely to become truly extreme, however, then both pros and keen amateurs alike pick the Rock Solid Alpha XL Carbon, knowing they can depend on the features of this exceptional tripod.
- Tripod pipes made of 100 % carbon
- 8 layers of carbon manufactured with cross
- structure for an extreme stability – optimum vibration
- damping when using lenses with large focal lengths
- Stable and protected against corrosion
- Robust and powerful – at any location, even in the sand and saltwater!
- Suitable for all temperatures
- Leveling base with 3/8 inch and 1/4 inch connection
- Leg angle of attack with three locking positions
- Quick release for leg-locking
- Extremely high loading capacity (60 kg)
- Especially designed for travel and nature photographers
- Spikes for a secure grip
The Alpha XL Carbon can hold up to 60 kg of heavy gear at a height of 195 cm!
And no, that’s not a misprint: the Alpha XL takes an astonishing 60 kg of equipment. Perfect for extra-long focal lengths, extensive specialist kit or even pro camcorders, complete with batteries and lights. The maximum height of 195 cm towers over more than 90% of the population in Germany at least, giving you perspectives and shooting angles that used to be simply impossible to achieve.
Rock-solid stability in XL format
The Rock Solid Alpha XL Carbon is both immensely strong and incredibly light, tipping the scales at less than 3.5 kg. A rugged carryall is used to stow the tripod and tools for dismantling the tripod, and also offers space for steel spikes and ground discs, ensuring you really are equipped for any terrain. Nor are salt-water environments a problem: the tripod legs are engineered from eight layers of cross-woven carbon, and are resistant to aggressive salt, sand, dust and moisture, and extremes of heat and cold. Perfect for lengthy time-lapse photos in difficult conditions.
Flexible yet easy to use
The levelling knob on the tripod shoulder lets you switch from a 3/8” to a 1/4” thread, while the quick-release locks on the four tripod leg segments made from 100% carbon-fibre not only protect the inner surfaces from soiling but also enable quick and easy setup and takedown of the outdoor tripod. Three fixed positions help the tripod legs snap into place solidly and without play at the right angle. The Rock Solid Alpha XL Carbon raises the bar to new heights in this class of tripods – and not only figuratively!
- Weight (excl. ball head) 3.42 kg
- Min height 12 cm
- Max height 195 cm
- Base width 15 cm
- Tripod load 60 kg
- Segments 4 Segmente Stativbeindurchmesser: 40, 36, 32, 28mm
- Width 15 cm
- Height 60 cm
- Depth 15 cm