Since launching Really Right Stuff´s first carbon fiber tripods in 2009, they have been dedicated to making the world’s finest tripods. With the help of their customers’ invaluable feedback, they continuously make improvements. After years of development, they are excited to present their new Mark 2 tripod line!
Improved ergonomics make operating the tripod more comfortable and seamless. Additional ¼”-20 sockets along the outside of the tripod’s apex allow you to attach optional accessories and shoulder-strap mounts. The Mark 2 tripods are faster to lock/unlock and hold up better to the elements. Redesigned twist-locks prevent grit and debris from contaminating the threads. RRS added a vent at the top of each leg to allow efficient air transfer when extending or collapsing, for rapid deployment and takedown.
What hasn’t changed is the attention to detail, high-quality craftsmanship and commitment to proudly make and hand-assemble all our tripods in the USA.
The TVC-24L Mk2 is a extra-tall Series 2 tripods. Series 2 Tripods are smaller and lighter than Series 3 pods, and perfectly complement the BH-40 ballhead. They offer the benefits of both a compact traveler and a Versa-style tripod, all in one.
Mk2 Series 2 tripods are the perfect choice for mid-sized gear combos. Common mid-sized gear includes most DSLR cameras and 70-200mm/f2.8 & 300mm/f4 telephotos. Given its high load capacity, a Versa Series 2 tripod is also a great solution for shooters who need maximum support but want to keep their tripod as portable as possible.
RRS´unique accessories further expand the utility of the TVC-24L Mk2. Add a quick-column for more height, or use a leveling base for instant leveling. Optionally, add the leveling base to the quick-column and give your tripod an adjustable height leveling base! Ideal for most landscape photography.
- Leg Material: Carbon Fiber
- Number of Leg Sections: 4
- Load Capacity: 40 lb / 18kg
- Maximum Height: 66.1" / 168cm
- Minimum Height: 3.7" / 95mm
- Folded Length: 23.0" / 584mm
- (Heights and Length exclude 0.313" / 8mm stud height)
- Weight: 3.7 lb / 1692g
- twist locks with integrated wipers to keep particles out of the locking mechanism, providing better resistance to the elements
- improved knurling pattern feels better on your skin
- collets replace the old locking gibbs, reducing lock engagement to half the travel to lock and unlock faster with less effort
- O-rings help keep threads clean and smooth while providing better tactile feedback
- vented clevis design allow legs to collapse faster without pressure buildup
- threaded sockets on the sides of the apex provide better placement for accessories like QD attachments or a BC-18
- Less tools to carry when changing apex accessories. The 2 & 3 Series SureGrip (TVC models only) now uses the same 5/32” hex key you likely have stored on your RRS plate.
- High strength to weight ratio
- Made from CNC-machined 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Solid ring apex for strength and reliability
- Ergonomic spring-loaded pull tabs with visual lock/unlock
- Fast, modular and customizable design